“The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Selling Your Home” (Penguin, 2010)
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Selling Your Home is about how to sell a house anywhere, anytime, in any kind of market - and for top dollar. If that sounds too good to be true, it’s not. Yes, markets fluctuate but you can always sell on the uppermost edge of the current market. This book takes you through the steps in an easy-to-understand manner and hard-to-argue-with fundamentals.
When I got the phone call that Penguin was considering me to author “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Selling Your Home”, I knew it was because I have a strong point of view about the right way to market a home for the most money. The guiding principle is that, if you have a deep understanding how buyers really think and how they are motivated psychologically, how to market your home powerfully and negotiate strategically, you can increase the sale price up to anywhere from about 5-25% above market value. It works every time.
Some of the chapters in the book are:
- How to Price Your Home Properly
- How Buyers Behave When Prices Are Down
- How Buyers Behave When Prices Are Up
- Renovations that Make You Money When You Sell
- Staging Tips to Get You Top Dollar
- How to Sell Rental and Income Producing Properties
- Evaluating and Accepting an Offer
- Flipping Homes